Friday, December 12, 2008

Top 10 Christmas songs

Look, I like lists. So do you. There is nothing that gets me into the Christmas spirit more than the music. It's been on the radio since black friday. I'm a happy camper.


  1. Carol of Bells - performed by the Trans Siberian Orchestra
  2. Joy to the World - performed by Parkview Baptist Church choir circa 95'
  3. I saw 3 ships - performed by the Muppets
  4. Good King Wenceslas - performed by my 6th grade band
  5. O come O come Emmanuel - performed by anyone
  6. Ava Maria - performed by Whitney Beach
  7. that Was the Worst Christmas Ever - by Sufjan Stevens
  8. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - performed by Ethan Embry in All I want for Christmas (ha)
  9. Do You See What I See - performed by copeland
  10. I Celebrate the Day - by Relient k

Honorable Mentions:

  1. Go Tell it on the Mountain - performed by Dolly Parton
  2. Little Drummer Boy - performed by Jars of Clay

Here's video that should make you happy.

What are your favorite Christmas songs?

2 comments:

MeLissa said...

In addition to some of the ones you listed:

1. Happy Christmas- John Lennon
2. Last Christmas- George Michael
3. Feels Like Christmas- Cyndi Lauper
4. All I Want For Christmas- Mariah Carey
5. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)- Hanson
6. Deck the Halls- SheDaisy
7. Little St. Nick- anyone...
8. River- Jonie Mitchell
9. The First Noel
10. Where Are You Christmas- Faith Hill

Judge away. But I could listen to this stuff all day.

Ren-C said...

As always, Sufjan gives me something fun! Thanks for the video post.

My Christmas faves: those songs that remind me of Home Alone and the Addam's Family; Jewel's yodeling Christmas songs; Snowed In ( you know that's Hanson); gotta have some oldies: Elvis, Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong, and Bing Crosby; and of course Sufjan and Relient K Christmas CDs get dusted off and popped in the car stereo every now and then too. Don't hate.