Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Two people have told me they're ugly. RUDE.
Monday, September 28, 2009
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Thursday, September 24, 2009
1. Show us the inside of something cute
2. What's the last homecooking you had?
I don't even remember. Tonight I cooked black bean burgers... but really I just put them on the George Forman grill.
3. What do you miss? (no dead people please)
So, I can't post a picture of MJ? Ok then...
4. What makes you laugh often?
5. What's your favorite word?
If you look up "sorry boutcha" on google image you will see a picture of my face. For real. I'm not kidding.
6. What are you trying to quit?
7. What's your favorite commercial right now?
8. Whose style do you dig?
9. Link to a great blog you've discovered lately...
Well, I LOVE this one. I discovered it a long time ago though. I'm not really following the rules on this thing...
10. What's the last craft you made?
I can't tell you. It's a gift.
11. A photo of the last happy mail you got :]
Happy mail? Well, it was probably that fall mix cd from Baby Jenna. I don't have a picture of the cd, but I do have a picture of her. Haha.
12. Something you've got lately?
I got some good itunes songs. Boring.
13. What are you looking forward to?
Hmm... I'm looking forward to seeing Paper Heart.
14. Post a recent snapshot of yourself.
Oh, maybe that's not so recent.
15. Recent Favorite Movie?
Last night I watched Nick and Norah's infinite playlist again. I love it so much. I will always love meet me in st. louis, the original parent trap, almost famous, royal tenenbaums, darjeeling limited... I could go on forever baby.
16. Something you're working on right now?
17. If a movie were made about you, who would play you?
18. What gives you goosebumps?
19. Share a new obsession.
Jack White (this is only slightly new)
20. What's the meaning of your life?
It's about to get holy in here...
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Monday, September 21, 2009
So, after reading Miss Rachel's blog and agreeing with most of it, I've decided to write my own favorite name list. I think names are very important and can determine a child's fate. Seriously. Well, maybe not.
Clementine (this one might be a little ridiculous)
*Note* I'm not at all planning on having any children in the near future. However, my friend Brother had a baby yesterday and my friend Theresa is having a baby today! Yay!
Saturday, September 19, 2009
AHHH! I really REALLY want to go to ACL this fall. Daniel Johnston, the avett brothers, and kings of leon all in one day!? Are you kidding me? When will I ever get another chance to see Daniel Johnston live? Never. Also preforming, bon iver, the decemberist, pearl jam, the b-52s, the dave matthews band, grizzle bear, etc. Amazing. Also, I have some pretty fabulous friends in Texas.
Too bad I don't live in Texas. Or have lots of money.
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
I've recently discovered that I'm really bad at talking on the phone. I don't listen to voice mails (except I did listen to yours, Jenna). I don't remember to call people back until 2am. I keep my phone mostly on vibrate. I rarely call people even when it's important. Basically, I suck.
So, I want you guys to know that I'm sorry and I'm trying to be better. I don't want to be a rude girl or have bad phone etiquette. Also, I love you.
Monday, September 14, 2009
Sunday, September 13, 2009
In everywhere we look. In everywhere we look. In everywhere we look.
Allah. Allah. Allah.
In everywhere we look.
In everyone we meet. In everyone we meet. In everyone we meet.
Allah. Allah. Allah.
In everyone we meet.
Today Daniel sang "Allah Allah Allah" by mewithoutyou and it reminded me how much I love that song. The song is so simple but so honest and true. I want to see God everywhere I look, in everyone I meet and in every blade of grass. In everything.
Saturday, September 12, 2009
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Also, even though I'm not a fan of the beatles rock band, I am a fan of all the beatles specials on tv lately. I mean, I own several beatles movies and the anthology dvds, but it's still exciting. Now, I know this video is just Paul... but it's all I could find. Pretend George, John and Ringo are there too.
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
I would like:
- an iced white mocha with hazelnut
- to visit the mountains (or just live there)
- to go to a good concert (like not a local show... especially if I'm working it)
- to watch meet me in st. louis
- to bake and decorate a delicious cake
- to see my site babies one more time
- to attend a great costume party this halloween
- a good pair of cowboy boots
- to see my exclusive relationship girls
- to start designing some great christmas cards
- to read a good book. any suggestions?
- to eat hummus at Petra's
- to open an esty shop... but only if you'll buy stuff
- a new pair of moccasins
- fall weather!
Monday, September 7, 2009
Sunday, September 6, 2009
- I feel very certain that I will one day live in those mountains.
- It's so visually stunning. I like to watch beautiful movies.
- Jack White playing the mandolin and singing wayfaring stranger. Can you ask for more?
- Southern accents
- Jude Law
- All-star cast with all-star cameos
- Love, war, growing, remembering, waiting...
- This incredible scene
Friday, September 4, 2009
So, I'm completely in love with this commercial.
1. Sometimes I'm slightly obsessed with the beatles.
2. Come Together is my all time favorite beatles song.
3. This commercial tricks me into thinking John and George are still alive and a reunion tour is possible.
However, I really REALLY hate that there will be a Beatles rock band. You know this is killing Paul and Ringo.
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
It's funny how looking back on the past, you see things very differently than you did when they were actually happening. Like how something hard or upsetting now seems funny and awkward. Or something that seemed way awesome at the time, is now incredibly embarrassing... especially when there is photo evidence. Like how about that time I liked skillet? Gross.
I know that life and relationships are always changing. We change, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. Regardless, we change. When I think about the relationships I've had with people in the last ten years or so, I'm just incredibly taken back by how they've disappeared, grown or transformed into something completely different. And then there are people I met 3 months ago that I can't imagine living without.
I like how God puts specific people in your life at specific times for specific reasons.