Photo found here.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Fun Fact - In 4th grade my class sold animal shirts in honor of Earth Day. Some of them even involved wolves howling at the moon. Something similar to this:
Pretty cool huh? Mine had an elephant and a snake... maybe it was some sort of jungle scene?
PS- Please know that in honor of Earth Day I'm typing this blog via candle light. See all the energy I'm saving?! Haha. Also, please know that I'm still a little upset about my deleted texts.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Here is some fashion advice from little Edie:
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Monday, April 13, 2009
This is my 150th post, so in honor of it I've made a random list of 150 things I would like to discuss. Ok, it's only 10 things.
1. Daniel came over for Easter dinner which meant the Riti family was complete.
2. I would really like a pair of these!
3. I joined the twitter nation a little while ago. I'm not sure if i like it... but Nathan Willis does... and I like him... so I gave it a try. Feel free to stalk me.
4. My mom gave me the best Easter basket ever this year. Slumdog Millionaire, nail polish, dark chocolate rasinets.
5. Okay, whether you admit it or not, every girl has a future baby name list. It may be in your head... but you still have it. Anyway, an expecting girl I know is naming her baby a name from my list. We're not close friends. She didn't know it was on my list. I'm still mad about it. Is that ridiculous?
6. This will be me in a few months. I love Florida.
7. I'm wondering what the proper etiquette is for couples on facebook. I'm friends with this couple who post the grossest most ridiculous lovey-dovey wall and status comments. Here is an actual example I copy/pasted from facebook:
"I am so fiercely in love with you sweetheart, and will never stop in the journey to ransom and captivate your heart!! The love i have for you grew so much today. Through every single part of today you showed me and proved to me with your actions just how important me and my family is to you. I cannot thank you enough!!! Inside and out, you are the most beautiful person that I have ever seen and known. Sleep well my princess, for tomorrow your prince will have the blessing of seeing your pretty face once more! I adore you my precious love!!!"
Now, is that necessary? I mean, I actually like the couple... I just think that's a bit much for a wall. Put that stuff in a message. I'm not trying to be hateful, I'm just trying not to vomit.
8. There are certain movies that I will always watch when I'm sick and they will always make me feel better. Mary Poppins. Meet Me In St. Louis. Peter Pan The Musical. Hook. Princess Diaries. Forest Gump.
9. I've been on this gross soft foods diet since Tuesday and it's getting a little old. Any suggestions other than smoothies, cottage cheese, hummus, and pudding?
10. I'm going to beddddddddddddd.
This is the dumbest blog ever.
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Nothing can for sin atone
Nothing but the blood of Jesus
Not of good that I have done
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
This is all my hope and peace
Nothing but the blood of Jesus
This is all my righteousness
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
I hope you have a wonderful Easter. I hope you take time to reflect on what it actually means. I hope you feel the love that is there for you. I hope you embrace it.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
- Wisdom teeth - gone baby gone
- I waited in the oral surgery place for an extra 3 hours because someone had an emergency. That wasn't good for my nerves.
- While I was waiting I had to listen to two old men talk about red trucks, tractors, hurricane Andrew and a Jesus Pony. I don't even know what that is.
- My nurse was singing songs from Sister Act while she was sticking me with an iv... Awkward... but kind of awesome.
- I have ugly bruises on my arm and wrist. No one can ever find my veins because they're tiny and roll around. Way to go veins...
- I now know what it fees like to be high. Not a fan.
- The only thing I've had to eat today has been ice cream. I'm pretty ok with that.
- I do not have big puffy cheeks yet... and hopefully I wont get them anytime soon. My cheeks are big enough.
- My mom is making me put a bag of frozen peas on my face... It kind of reminds me of that time I was in 3rd grade, fell off my bike and had to put popsicles on my face.
That's all for now. I'll keep you guys posted.
Sunday, April 5, 2009
2. Between watching Margot West (who were great) and Sonset down I skipped on over to another venue for an art exhibit featuring my friend Meredith! She is an incredible artist. Here is some of her amazing work:
3. I went to a baby shower today... A. It made me feel really old and B. it made me realize I don't know anything about babies. Oh well, I'm certainly not planning on having children anytime soon. This one's pretty cute though...
4. I recently had a conversation with a good friend that was really encouraging. The results? I've been painting much more and working on ideas for a children's book. Good news.
5. I'm not 100% sure what I'll be doing after camp this summer... but here is one of the things I'm praying about. Door of Hope.
6. Tuesday I will be having my wisdom teeth extracted. I'm not really looking forward to it... but I will be happy when these toothaches are gone.
Here's your Jesus Christ Superstar clip! Happy Palm Sunday!
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Leonard Knight's dream was to have a hot air balloon that said "God is Love". He spent years sewing together his patchwork balloon. One fall, in the middle of sewing, it started to snow and he had to abandon his balloon until the spring. When he returned, the balloon had already rotted. That was the start of Salvation Mountain. Leonard planned on spending a few days painting a small monument made of cement. 25 years later, he's still there. Still painting. Still creating. Still telling people that God is love.
I'm a simple girl. I like beautiful things and beautiful people. I like people with stories. I like people who are living fearlessly. I like people who show God's love in an authentic and honest way.