Saturday, November 22, 2008

vampires and spaghetti

So, I've been reading the Twilight books. I know it's embarrassing. I know I'm too old. But I HAD to read them before the movie came out. Sometimes I just like mythical creatures. Vampires, werewolves, mermaids, unicorns, big foot, nessy, ect. I do not like zombies... however, I did read the survival guide.

First off, there was a hot pink track suit AND a teal tech vest sighting at work. Both on 60+ women. Good news.

Secondly, I had a delish dinner at the Wildflower Cafe. All you can eat spaghetti, bread, salad, dessert, and a drink for about $6. Also included are conversations with Ms. Ester and sexual innuendos from our waitress. Just one more amazing thing about my small town.


Twilight:
Wow. Where do I begin? With the tweens of course.
Okay, I have a really hard time being around tweens girls. I can't deal with all the attention seeking giggles. I can't deal with all the seat switching. I can't deal with all the blonde high lights. I specifically went to the 10:30 showing so I could avoid the tweens. I mean, don't they have curfews? Apparently not.

Cedric Diggory/ Edward Cullen/ Robert Pattinson is hot. Real hot. This is pretty much the dirtiest picture I could find of him.

The Jonas brothers are not hot.

The actual movie was okay I guess. I think that if I hadn't read the book I would definitely be confused. One minute Edward wants to eat Bella and the next minute they're in love? What?! That's dumb. And why was Jasper the most awkward person in the world? The baseball game and the super running was pretty fun. I'll probably watch the sequel.

Oooooh! I also got to see this preview!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

That waitress is getting crazy...I wish she didn't work there.
There were a lot of hidden jokes in Twilight that no one would have laughed at if they hadn't read the books.
There were A BUNCH of ridic tweens! I mean yes the vampires are pretty...no I don't need to hear you drool at them. *barf*

Oh, We saw BOLT! It was cute and awesome.

Kyle said...

Jasper WAS awkward as heck, but to me, he's much hotter than the rest of the cast. You should look him up, his name is Jackson Rathbone.

Harry Potter trailer = to die for.

Anonymous said...

the twilight movie was so awful it was awesome. i laughed with delight just about the entire time. some of my favorite parts....
- this is the skin of a MONSTER! as if i needed any of this....as if you could TRY to out run me!
- jasper
- the fire dance in the ballet studio
- spider monkey?
- the fact that it was shot 85% in close ups
- biology class recoiling faces

ok i'll stop. have you finished the series yet?

Allison Drew said...

How about that glitter skin?


I just love an awesomely bad movie.