Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Omar

While I was in West Palm Beach this summer, I met a homeless man named Omar. He was about 26 years old and had been traveling around Florida for the past few years. He told me about heart ache and brokenness. We talked for about an hour before he had to leave to wait in line for lunch at a shelter. Omar came back about three hours later and I was able to give him lots of left over food. As I was leaving he said "You really do love Jesus don't you". Now, during our conversation we never talked about Jesus or religion. We talked about school, art, music, relationships, Florida, and life. Never Jesus. Before I could answer his question, he said he would remember to pray for me. This man that had nothing was going to pray for me. Wow. That hit me hard.

I wish I had taken a picture of Omar so I could remember him forever. I went to West Palm Beach to minister to people and they definitely ended up ministering to me as well. That was my favorite day of the summer. God worked on me so much this summer and I'm glad Omar was part of it.



The King will reply, whatever you did for the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.
Matthew 25:40

No comments: