Sunday, October 19, 2008

Goodies (not the store... and not the private parts)



Music

-Laura Marling- (seen right) is basically incredible. She's only 18, but she's definitely worth checking out.

-We Are Scientists- My favorite of their songs is "After Hours"

-The Submarines- One of the band members is the great-granddaughter of F. Scott Fitzgerald.

-The Beggars' Guide- It's folky and sad and beautiful. However, some of the songs start to sound the same.

-Chuck Ragan-Lead singer of Hot Water Music, but I think he sounds better on his own. He plays the harmonica and the banjo... what could be better?

-Wild Sweet Orange- Okay, I know I talk about them all the time... but I love them. And who knew such a great thing could come from the state of Alabama?

TV

-Project Runway- Alright, I'm 100% glad Leanne won. Kinley is so RUDE... but she can pull off red lipstick, so she's alright in my book.

-Tyra Banks- Don't judge yet. There aren't many famous people I dislike more than Tyra. Anyway, a girl I went to high school with was on the Tyra show this week. She's 23 and just had her first haircut. Exciting huh? No.

-The Office- Seriously Jan? Don't be a jerk.

No comments: