Monday, May 3, 2010

come home


A reoccurring theme you may have noticed on my blog is my love for the south. I've lived here my entire life and I can't think of a better place to be. Let's take a moment to appreciate all the amazingness that is below the Mason Dixon line.

Things I love about the south:

- a general sense of friendliness. People wave, smile and ask you about your momma.
- my southern belle friend Andrea. I mean, she was a debutante...
- apple butter. mmmm.
- To Kill a Mockingbird. Oh Harper Lee, thank you for your beautiful words and this depiction of the south.
- NOLA, Savannah, Atlanta, Nashville
- moss
- good southern boys that open the door for you and have sugar-sweet accents. and charm. that charm can kill.
- heat. all the heat.
- banana puddin'. my roommate from PA just had her first taste a few weeks ago.
- warm beaches and cool springs

That's all for now. What do you love about the south?

3 comments:

cottage girl said...

spanish moss in the trees. the warm atlantic waters at the beach. my many friends who live there.

i also think it's funny that where i live is considered "the north" if i'm in the south and "the south" if I'm in the north. guess we are just in-betweeners here.

Allison Drew said...

Haha. We would definitely consider you "the north". But yeah, I think you are technically part of the south.

Oooh! Next time you come through Florida/south Georgia we should meet and be real friends instead of just blog friends!

cottage girl said...

Um...absolutely! It would be super fun!!