Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Help




Last night Ray and I saw The Help and we both really liked it. We were in a theater with about 84 church ladies, which made the movie even more enjoyable/strange. Church ladies love to laugh at jokes that aren't funny and they love to woop and hollar at men with their shirt's off. Anyway, the movie was sweet with a pretty good soundtrack if you disregard the terrible song during the credits.

One of my favorite things about the book/movie is that it takes place in Jackson, MS. I have a soft spot in my heart for Mississippi, especially Jackson. I spent 2 summers working camp in Jackson, and even though it's hot, humid and I sometimes I can't even understand the accents, I still really love it.

Another thing I really loved was the impeccable decor. I love almost all 1960's mid-century modern furnishings and decor.
Go see it! You'll like it! Embrace the church ladies that will inevitably be watching it with you.

No comments: