Tuesday, March 22, 2011

peanut butter banana bread



The other day Ray and I decided to go grocery shopping. Crazy, I know. And this time we actually bought things we needed... not just popcorn and grape juice. We purchased a bunch of bananas that started to get freckly in about 35 minutes. What was I to do? How was I to proceed? Make banana bread, duh. Then I remembered I had peanut butter chips and I knew it would be a match made in heaven.
I kind of used a recipe... but I mostly just made this up. I couldn't cream the butter and sugar because we don't have a mixer, but if you want to get us one we are currently registered at bed bath and beyond =). So anyway, I had to figure out about how much melted butter I could use instead.



Here's what I used:

3 1/2ish ripe bananas, mashed kind of chunky
1 1/2 c flour
1 egg
1ish c sugar (actually there was a little less than a cup... because I ran out)
1/4 c melted butter
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
about a 1/3 a bag of peanut butter chips (I just poured in what I had left)

All I did was mash those bananas and then mix all the ingredients together. It was kind of dry so I splashed in some milk. I set the oven at 325 and let it bake for an hour. Delicious.

I know I posted a picture of this on facebook and twitter and now I'm blogging about it. I know it's overkill. I'm just really excited to be able to bake in a cute kitchen with my cute fiance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

success!!

and hey cute pyrex heyyyy.