Saturday, October 3, 2009

I and Love and You

This blog is the result of recent conversations I've had with a few good friends... So, it may not make much sense.

Sometimes I see the things people post on facebook or twitter and it breaks my heart. It's hard to see people hurting, alone and with no hope. And I guess maybe this pain is just evidence of living in a broken world. A world where we use the word love but find it hard to show it. A world full of selfishness. A world that fell.

So, for you out there hurting and alone, I believe this pain you're in is real. I believe it breaks God's heart. I believe He loves you. I believe that people need other people and that we're not meant to go through this life alone. I believe that we're all part of something bigger. A bigger story about love and redemption and grace. I believe that most Christians (myself included) don't do a good job of sharing the love and grace we have, and for this I am sorry. Loving people is difficult and messy and tiring. But worth it.

I think you should listen to the Avett brothers and read Blue Like Jazz. It'll make you feel better.

No comments: