Wednesday, April 22, 2009

true love will find you in the end

For about the last 2 years Ray has been telling me to watch The Devil and Daniel Johnston. And for the past two years blockbuster has only had the empty case. FINALLY, I watched it this weekend. Wow, after I saw it the first time, I just wanted to watch it over and over. Daniel Johnston is so incredibly creative and talented. I already listened to his music, I just didn't know his whole story. If you haven't seen it, go watch it right now!! It's a really interesting look into art, music, passion, and mental illness.


I had a documentary weekend. The Devil and Daniel Johnston, Grey Gardens, Searching for the Wrong Eyed Jesus. Wonderful.

Also, today I accidentally deleted all the 600 or so texts in my inbox. I almost cried a little. I know that sounds ridiculous but I had sweet, funny, and important texts in there. Sometimes I'm that dumb girl who cries when she deletes all her texts...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Allison!

I loved the necklace when I saw it too but I'm having difficulty finding something to wear it with.

I love to watch documentaries too. I'm going to have to get my hands on Grey Gardens somehow. Sorry about your texts. They're the modern version of love letters sometimes so I'm not surprised you cried!

Trish is a Dish said...

When my phone broke and all my texts were lost... I almost cried... There were some super important (to me) texts.

cottage girl said...

I heart documentaries. Ever seen King of Kong? It's one of my faves.

Grey said...

I had the priviledge of seeing him in concert late last year. It was heartbreaking. Genuis.