Thursday, December 8, 2011

sad tree


Several years ago I bought a beautiful white pre-lit Christmas tree at a sale after Christmas. I loved it. It was the first Christmas tree that was my own. Last winter I was living with 2 other girls in a very brownish blah house, but the tree made it wonderful and festive. Somehow, in the midst of me moving or my previous roommates moving, the tree went missing. Or maybe it was stolen. We have no idea. I'm not really sure how one loses track of a 6 foot Christmas tree... but I managed to do it. Being part of a young newly married couple who bought a house in the last year, it's hard for me to justify spending $70+ on a tree that will be around $30 AFTER the holidays. I know we could purchase a live tree, but is it silly to do that and then turn around and buy an artificial tree for the upcoming year? I don't even know. Isn't that the saddest Christmas tree story you've ever heard?

No comments: