Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Georgia Aquarium

Yesterday, Ray and I woke up before the sun to drive to Atlanta to visit the Georgia Aquarium! It was a late birthday gift as his was on Wednesday. Several years ago Ray had a huge salt water aquarium in his tiny little apartment. He would literally sit and stare at it for an hour like it was a tv... so I knew he would love going to the real thing. We saw thousands of fish (including the guitar fish), penguins, whales, and I think we even spotted a Jaguar Shark.

We had lunch at The Vortex in Five Points and if you're over 18, like hamburgers and aren't easily offended, I definitely recommend it. We also walked over to a little record shop where we unfortunately found nothing we desperately needed. Have I mentioned Ray has a record collection of literally hundreds and hundreds of records? It's kind of ridiculous. We spent the rest of the day taking our time driving home, drinking coffee, watching the pretty pink sky (ok, that was just me) and doing some last minute Christmas shopping. It was such a great day.

No comments: