Wednesday, May 6, 2009

what heights of love


"We often ask God to show up. We pray prayers of rescue. Perhaps God would ask us to be that rescue, to be His body, to move for things that matter. He is not invisible when we come alive. I might be simple but more and more, I believe God works in love, speaks in love, is revealed in our love."

God is revealed in our love. I believe this with my whole heart... and yet I still struggle with loving people everyday. Loving doesn't always come naturally for me. As horrible as it is, I have an uncanny ability to find fault in people. How can I be someones rescue when I can't even love them? I want to love people in their faults. This is something I pray about everyday. I'm trying to be different.

2 comments:

Ashley Morris said...

All I can say is thank you for this :)

Adriene said...

God gave you the gift of intuition, that is why you can see someone's 'faults'. We all have them, you are just more privy in seeing them. This is a huge advantage for you when you are trying to love, especially the unloveable and rescue, especially those that dont want to be rescued.
You're a gem!