Thursday, November 4, 2010

be thou my vision


I think most of the time my default is just to be a jerk. And I hate it.

Sometimes this is my life:

I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Romans 7:15

So, I'm just trying to be real and honest on this blog. This is something I struggle with on a daily basis. This is something I have to pray about constantly. Sometimes it seems like the more I try to be like Christ the farther away I seem to be. I'm not sitting around being a sad girl... I'm just frustrated with myself. You know what I mean?

That being said, I know that this is normal. I know this is how we become refined in Christ. It's just not always a super awesome process. I'm looking forward to what God wants me to do and who He wants me to become.

Listen to this.

2 comments:

Mollie said...

prone to wander, Lord I feel it...

Yep, I know that's true.

MeLissa said...

Micah 6:8 - He has shown you, O man, what is good. To act justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Most days I have to remind myself of that because my default is to want everything my way and I get frustrated when that doesn't happen. It's a battle for me to remember that in every situation, I only have to choose to act justly, love mercy and walk humbly with my God. One day, maybe.