Monday, November 16, 2009

tear down the house

A few weeks ago I finished reading A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller. I think if someone tells you "it was good" or "insightful" then maybe they didn't really read it. Or get it. To me, the book was brave and provocative and new. It made me think about God and people and how we're all creating this story together.

We enjoy music, movies, and books that contain good stories. I believe good stories resonate deep in our souls because we were meant to live them. We were meant to have “life to the full”. However, that does not at all mean complete happiness or health or wealth. It means a good story. Friendship, changes, heart break, tragedy, peace, love, and joy. I believe we have a short life and we can waste it with a boring safe story... or we can do something. We can move. We can write a better story.

So, that's what I'm working on. One way I'm changing my story is going to Macedonia in April
and Guatemala in September.

There's more, and I will be talking about it in the future. Also, watch this video. It might change your life.

1 comment:

cottage girl said...

This post makes me giddy excited!! Can't wait to hear more. We were just discussing this in my small group last night. Running after Him and not just meandering down the path. Good stuff!!