Sunday, September 6, 2009

I despise a floggin' rooster.

I love Cold Mountain for so many reasons. You know those movies that change your perspective on things? Or those movies you just feel connected to? Well, this one is surely on my list.
- I feel very certain that I will one day live in those mountains.
- It's so visually stunning. I like to watch beautiful movies.
- Jack White playing the mandolin and singing wayfaring stranger. Can you ask for more?
- Southern accents
- Jude Law
- All-star cast with all-star cameos
- Love, war, growing, remembering, waiting...
- This incredible scene

3 comments:

cottage girl said...

1. I still have never seen this movie.
2. It was filmed in Romania and not NC. That's just crazy to me.
3. Took a vacation to the mountains of NC once, and it truly is one of the most beautiful places on the East Coast.
4. I think I feel that same way about "Marie Antoinette."

Adriene said...

Renee Zellwegger thrilled me in this movie. i watched it in the theater all alone while 91/2 months prego with Drew. I went to just sit in comfy chairs with my legs propped up...and LOVED it. I thought I was just hormonal, glad to know you loved it too...so it wasnt just being a whale that made me love it.

Allison Drew said...

Renee Zellwegger was absolutely incredible. I had no idea I would love this movie SO MUCH.